Increased Physical Skills
- Developing body control and coordination, great exercise.
- Listening, following directions, increasing attention span, memorizing steps.
- Increasing the child's desire to do well and to the best of his/her ability.
- Increasing the child's confidence, developing "stage presence"
- Not only with classmates, but through performing and competing, meeting children from all over the city, state, country and around the world and forming friendships that last a lifetime.
- A revival of Irish identity and tradition began in the 1960s. While a young dancer may not comprehend this particular benefit while training, this revival continues!
Copyright © 2011, Butler Fearon O'Connor School of Irish Dance . All rights reserved. Contact: FOCcalifornia@gmail.com